Region VII - Heartland Regional Health Equity Council
Mission: To increase the collective leadership actions to promote health equity in the communities where we live, work, play, learn and worship. This will be accomplished through the creation, promotion and integration of policies and programs to eliminate health inequities and coordination of partners and stakeholders committed to action within Region VII.
Priority Area # 1 - Health Equity
Vision: A nation free of inequities in health and health care.
To identify the health equity needs and priorities in Region VII and develop resources/tools to address these needs.
- Pilot health equity survey to RHEC member organizations
- Conduct data analysis and develop summary of findings
- Develop dissemination plan and share data findings with RHEC VII Data Committee
- Revise survey as needed
- Administer revised health equity survey to a broader group of key stakeholders in Region VII, including NPA partners
- Conduct data analysis and develop summary, including executive summary and info-graphics
- Develop dissemination plan and share findings with all RHEC VII and broader community
Priority Area #2 – Partnership Development
- Conduct research of other toolkits for examples and recommendations
- Identify and build out toolkit framework
- Create draft health equity toolkit
- Share draft health equity toolkit with RHEC VII Council and revise as needed
- Develop dissemination plan for toolkit
- Finalize and disseminate health equity toolkit
- Develop other toolkits using process developed as needed (based off survey data)
To optimize current RHEC MOU partnerships established in 2016 in activities as well invite and include them as part of agenda on at least two (2) Partnership Committee Calls for feedback, ideas and engagement.
Priority Area 3 # - Data Development
- Identify, develop and expand (3-5) new MOU partnerships via shared mission, vision, core values and key focus areas.
- Leverage current and future focus MOU partnerships for shared collaborations, resources and initiatives of work within 2017 via
- white papers, webinars, links to information/studies, best practices and research tools, events and the like.
Improve data availability and coordination, utilization, and diffusion of research and evaluation outcomes
- Present and disseminate Region VII Health Equity Council Heart Disparities Report to various stakeholders and partners
- Identify target audiences
- Create documents that can be used to standardize talking points, inform key stakeholders and to create and leverage partnerships.
- Create both state and regional fact sheets.
- Create and leverage partnerships
- Work with Partnership committee to identify potential partners
- Identify stakeholder groups with overlapping interests – work together through workshops and conferences to share information.
Join the Heartland RHEC
If you would like to apply to become a Heartland RHEC member, click here
Follow the Heartland RHEC on social media to keep up-to-date with the latest health equity efforts in the region: